So Danny and I are here in Lanquín which is close to Semuc Champey. We wrapped up our Spanish schooling in Xela on Friday and had a celebratory night out, like every friday night, and had a few drinks at the school, proceeded to salsa till 1, and got super satisfying street hot dogs before bed. Danny wouldn't agree as his was coated with plastic and he ate it and then un-ate it that same night... aww sad.
Sasha, Daniel, Danny, and I headed over to Antigua on Saturday. Saying goodbye to Mamá Cony and Papá Carlos was so sad. She almost cried and I almost cried as she waved from the door as we walked away down the street. They were the most adorable and loving family I've ever met. I was happy to be able to spend one more day and night with my besties from Xela.
We got to Antigua and proceeded to watch the US play in the World Cup, played 500 (my new favorite card game) for hours, got some coffee and played Ninja in the Central Park, then we found a fair on the outskirts of town where we did awesome bumper cars, fooseball, and ate trashing carnival food. The next morning, we went and got bagel sandwiches at a great bagel shop and played some more cards. We pranced around town taking pictures and had to part ways... traveling is wonderful to meet new people but when you actually build a relationship, it sucks to have to say goodbye.
The bus ride from Antigua to Semuc, we thought was 3 hours, but it turned out to be over 8 hours long... anyway we got here and it was worth the long ride. We all hopped in the back of a pick up truck, where over a dozen were standing in the back of the truck up and down gravel roads with steep slopes on the sides. We arrived at Semuc Champey and got to wade through dark caves while we were carrying candels and trying to swim at the same time. It was amazing with random waterfalls and sketchy ladders and free climbing bits. Afterwards we jumped off a rope swing and went tubing over the shortest rapids tubing bit I've ever done in my life, but still fun. Later we hiked to the top of the look out and saw the amazing pools of green water. We got to hike down and swim in them and jump off rocks and it was great...
Now Danny and I are tired and we will drive to the city tomorrow morning. I can't believe I'll be home in less than 48 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment